The Semantic Compositions research team, editor, and host wish our readers a happy Valentine's Day. Because we like to think that we serve our readers in every way possible, and don't just provide frequently-updated linguistic commentary on the web, here are some things which might be useful for you to know right about now:
1) If you're a man, and your significant other/girlfriend/wife is unhappy with whatever you might have gotten her or done for her, tell her that you had to cut back because you're saving up to build a rocket so you can get her the biggest diamond in the known universe.
2) Make sure that you and your loved ones consume all of the chocolate you bought, in case you either have a dog, or someone brings one over to visit. That way, you can avoid this unpleasant situation.
3) If it's before noon in your time zone, and you forgot Something Really Important, click here RIGHT NOW. And thank SC later.
4) If you're a heartless jerk, and your significant other is getting irritated because there's Something You Forgot To Say, this useful website will remind of what that phrase is in your own language! Just in case your special someone has a line of horn-like protuberances running down their forehead to their nose, be aware that in Klingon, "words are often unnecessary as the thought is most often conveyed nonverbally with special growlings". But there are 5 ways to say it just in case you have to. Quenya is present, but not Sindarin, so hopefully one of SC's readers will correct the oversight.
5) Finally, if you're starting to get resentful because there's not going to be anyone around for you today, track down a copy of this book. Or read this blast from the distant past of newsgroup alt.angst.